- Is this really all about ads and search? I’m guessing that’s a big part of the story. So I’m left asking – is Microsoft’s value heading to the Web, or is Yahoo’s value headed to the desktop? Or both?
- Redundancy anyone? Who survives:
- Related to the last point, how does a Flickr or Delicious culture survive a Microsoft-ification?
- An operating system has acquired a suite of web services in many respects. I’d expect Google and Apple to continue to draw closer.
- What of all the great developer support Yahoo!’s contributed over the years? Does that get swallowed by the big MSDN monster?
So how big of a Web presence will MS+Yahoo be? Add the red and green lines and subtract some for "overlap tax":